Makita are known for their reliable high quality electric power tools in both the cordless (battery powered) and corded categories. Hence it is no surprise that they have made some the best electric chainsaws available, continue reading to see our top picks from Makita.
Now you can tackle hard jobs with an electric chainsaw that with its 16″ blade and it you run into a tough tree limb your chainsaw drops the current down to prevent burnout. So, you have a versatile chainsaw that works anywhere that you can tap into the grid or generator. The oil tank lets you know when you need to fill up, and a large rear handle and trigger gives you greater control to use it safely. It operates just like a gas powered chainsaw, and you should take the same precautions and care as with the larger ones.
- 16″ bar Oregon bar cuts through small to medium sized jobs quickly
- Tool-less chain and blade adjustments
- A Viewport lets you check oil levels fast
- Both handles fit your hand, and you wouldn’t get tired using it
- Anti-burnout current limiting circuitry built in
- Cuts through hardwoods like Cherry and Walnut without a complaint
- Easier to use than a gas powered rig and with fewer kickbacks
- The blade’s design lets it stay sharper longer and requires less sharpening
- An aggressive chainsaw that has the power, so, do not underestimate it. Take all chainsaw precautions including those for Kickback and wear the correct PPE when using it
- Perfect for those who are not able to handle the heavier gasoline fueled chainsaws. However, it gets the work done fast and efficiently.
- Great Makita Quality at a reasonable price
What Customers Say
With over 60 reviews from customers this corded electric chainsaw from Makita gets a huge 4.8 out of 5 stars! Many customers who purchased this saw were surprised at the cutting power this saw offered as well as its ability to get through harder timber too (provided the correct chain was being used).
This saw is big enough to get any kind of yard or landscaping work done and maneuverable enough for most people to use. With the Makita quality, you have a chainsaw that will be there when you need it. The saw is slightly heavier by a pound or so than others in this category but this is just because Makita have used more metal than plastic components making this a high quality electric chainsaw. See Current Prices….
The XCU02Z sets the bar high when it comes to high powered reliable battery electric chainsaws for small jobs. This 12 inch saw is the perfect piece of equipment to have at home, ready to remove branches at the drop of the hat, no fuel needed, no fuss starting up, just clip in the batteries and put your finger on the throttle. Makita have made this saw a real pleasure to use with a comfortable ergonomic rubble throttle handle, very low noise and great safety features.
- Powerful motor giving you a chainspeed of 8.4 m/s to cut through branches and limbs fast
- Large, easy to access oil tank for the bar, with a viewing window
- Low noise technology
- Front hand guard chain brake
- Super lightweight, only 10.1 lbs with batteries attached
- Uses 2 long life fast charging Makita 18V lithium ion batteries
What Customers Say
The Makita XCU02Z has turned out to be very popular with customers on Amazon, with more than 120 reviews it as received an impressive 4.6 of out 5 stars. Most people who purchased this saw liked the power the unit puts out allowing them to work faster than they had expected from a cordless saw. Some buyers even tackled larger than 12″ trees and got through just fine with only two cuts. Battery life was spoken highly of, with many people recommending using a 4Ah or more batteries to get the best cutting time fromt his saw. The saw does come with a chain sheath but not a full saw carry case which some customers felt would have been better, but overall a very positive on all fronts for this electric chainsaw.
This is not the cheapest cordless chainsaw available but it is definitely right at the top end of quality and reliability, you can trust Makita has done their homework on the model. A very easy to maneuver lightweight saw, perfect for yard work or taking down small branches in remote areas where portability, with 3 year limited warranty from Makita this machine is hard to beat. See Current Prices…
The baby brother to the XCU2Z this micro-sized electric chainsaw puts out plenty of power when you need to trim limbs and get branches out of your hair. With a chainspeed of 5 m/s for saw weighing only 5.4 lbs with the battery, this make high precision garden trimming a dream. The 4-1/2″ bar lets you cut through limbs that would take hours with a handsaw and leave you exhausted in the process. Along with all that, it charges up fast and with a built-in computer that prevents overcharging and damaging the battery in the process.
- Made for limbing or small trees with its 4-1/2 chain and bar
- Makita’s 18 Volt LXT power technology
- Tool-less chain adjustment and self oiling with an easy to refill oil reservoir.
- The Star Protection Computer protects the electronics from overcharging
- Cuts fast and clean
- If you use the 4 Ah batteries, which have a decent run time
- Holds a charge, and you can put it to work almost out of the box after adding a little chain oil
- Perfect for doing small jobs that a full-sized chainsaw can’t handle
- Portable and you don’t have to worry about tripping or cutting an electric cord
- Hardly any noise, so no neighbor complaints when you are cutting a cord of wood for the fireplace
- Can be powered with other Makita battery tools no problem
What Customers Say
This is a relatively new model to come onto Amazon, but so far Customers who have bought this battery powered saw from Makita have been happy, giving the product a 4.6 out of 5 star rating. many customers were very happy with how easy this saw was to use, extremely lightweight and perfect for small jobs. Easy to start and maintain too, no fussing around with fuel and starting the unit. Some people did note that the instruction manual wasn’t as clear as it could be. It was noted that the saw does need the oil reservoir to be filled before use so this is important to have oil on hand and know how to fill it up.
Ideal for around the backyard and garden, runs well and the users are uniformly happy. Makita is one of the greats in the cordless power tool industry, people that need reliability use it. Perfect addition to your home power tool collection, makes it much more cost effective if you already own cordless Makita gear. See Current Prices…